Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Couponing to PreSchool

Saving money (I mean actually saving and not spending when a 'want' comes along) is hard for me to do. I am hoping that Aiden gets into the Montessori PreSchool we have applied for. The catch. One year (10 months) is approximately $7,500.00. SAY WHAT?!?! I am not in a financial position where I can just fork this amount of money over nor am I in a position where I can pay roughly $750.00 per month for preschool. So- to make this idea work- I am going to start a new blog series entitled Couponing to PreSchool.

This would be due to the school no later than July 1, 2012. That means (starting Aug 1st) I have 11 months to obtain this goal.  That means I would have to put away $681.82 per month. I cannot do that either. Here is what I can do: $100.00 per pay check (between Jon and I we get 4 per month) That is $400.00 per month. Roughly $282.00 to go. This is the hard part. My grocery budget is $150.00 per month. By couponing my goal is to get it down to $100.00 per month. Leaving me with $232.00 per month. Saving loose change could amount to $15.00 per month... $217.00 per month. I give myself $200 per month for gas.. which has been a struggle... but if I buy a Publix Pix card and use my receipt of $30.00 or more I can get .06 off per gallon. New goal for gas is $150.00 per month. Leaving $67.00 per month. Any ideas on where I can come up with $67.00 per month? I have still alotted some funds to help pay off my debt so hopefully I can get some of that paid off and then put more towards school. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In this series I am hoping to report back on a monthly basis so that you guys can hold me accountable. This is going to be tough but I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment