Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy 2012!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a safe and happy new year. I rang in the new year under the covers :) I guess that's what mothers do. I wanted to dedicate this post to my goals for this year. So... here they are:

1. Save $250.00 per month (minimum) for Aiden's preschool tutition. That is HALF of the monthly tuition.
2. Stick to my budget.
3. Do not eat out more than 2 times per week. This includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. **yikes**
4.Get my house organized. How come no body ever told me it would be so difficult to clean my house with two boys running/crawling around. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE.
5.Turn off the TV!- My goal is to do more activities with my boys.

Some mini goals for the year are:
1. Spend no more than $300.00 on the boys' joint birthday party. This includes food, cake, gifts, activities, rental of site.
2.Save spare change for projects/vacations.

In order to achieve my goals- I have to make sure my priorities are in check. Here are my priorites:
1. Have a deeper relationship with God. Without Him, I will be a mess.
2. Stay connected with Jon. Jon and I are a team- we need to be there for each other.
3. Do what is best for my children. Aiden and Logan need a strong support system in order to grow up to be men of God. It is my job as their mother to instill in them the best values, to help them get the best education possible, and to be their role model. Even in times when they are driving me INSANE- I need to try harder to not lose it.
4. Its not about money, but yet it is. This is a catch all section, really. Money is amoral- it does not cause you to be happy or sad. It is the love of money where things come into problem. I need to remember that my kids don't always needed the latest, hotest things. On the oppsite side, life is about money. In this world if you do not have some form of income- it is almost impossible to succeed. Basically, it is hashing out if its a want or a need. Good lesson for myself and my boys.
5. Allow for "Me Time"- This is something that is very important. Children are very demanding by nature. Sometimes I am so focued on my children that I often forget to tend to my needs as well. I have started taking a Zumba class 1-2 times per week. This is my "Me Time" and it is getting me into shape.

Be Thankful
Throughout 2012, I am going to focus on being more thankful for the people I have in my life. Not only will I work on being more thankful- but I will do my best to show those people how thankful I am for them. Things can change in a matter of minutes and you may never be able to tell that person how thankful you are for having them in your life. I encourage you to do the same.

I hope this makes you think about your goals and priorities for 2012. I hope you go home, kiss you family and tell them how much you love them. God Bless!

Here is a group shot from our family vacation 2011 to visit Jon's Dad's side of the family. Love them!! I cannot wait to see them again this year!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Amanda, well said. I really should capture some goals.

    ReplyDelete